“I think you are able to connect with people better when you are maintaining your true self,” says Arva Thomas, CEO of Blue Monarch Communications LLC. As a professional corporate trainer and communication lover, Arva has never met a stage she didn't...
“I think you are able to connect with people better when you are maintaining your true self,” says Arva Thomas, CEO of Blue Monarch Communications LLC. As a professional corporate trainer and communication lover, Arva has never met a stage she didn't like or an audience whom she couldn't connect with. With more than 25 years of experience, Arva and her employees at Blue Monarch Communications strive to help their clients channel the best speaker and presenter within themselves.
After watching many corporate officials deliver presentations, Arva quickly realized there was a lack of effective communication in many companies. As someone who has always thrived in public speaking, Arva knew she could teach anyone how to create an executive level presence. Whether you’re in an interview or giving a presentation, delivery is key; and according to Arva, the best way to effectively deliver any message is by being yourself. Arva explains that by trying to be someone else, you are preventing your message from being fully conveyed.
Tune into this week’s episode of Southern Soul Live Stream for a conversation with Arva Thomas about the power of communication. Learn tips on how to overcome insecurities and confidently step into yourself so you can take your presentation, public speaking and communication skills to the next level.
• “I eat, sleep and breathe developing curriculum, developing presentations, giving presentations and helping others to give presentations.” (05:39-05:50)
• “I am a lover of words. I love how sentence structure is put together with syntax and grammar. And studying in another language helps you to learn your own language better.” (06:05-06:15)
• “One of the things that my clients say is that they are always so surprised at how personalized the service is. They really feel that I genuinely care. (24:37-24:48)
• “I am very known for asking a lot of questions to anyone, and many of the people that know me would attest to that. But I take that and then tailor what I offer to meet those needs. It's always about what you want to get out of this and how can I help you to get there. So, I always start with the end in mind.” (25:26-25:58)
• “When you are delivering a speech, when you're delivering a presentation, or when you are in an interview for a job, delivery is very key. And I think the most important thing is to be yourself.” (29:11-29:24)
• “I think you are able to connect with people better when you are maintaining your true self.” (31:11-31:17)
Connect with Arva Thomas & Blue Monarch Communications LLC:
About Southern Soul Thursdays - @SoulThursdays
Witty, thought-provoking, and uplifting, Southern Soul Livestream - Podshow is the program that you’ll invite friends over to watch every week, where you’ll learn about fascinating speakers and get to share in exciting experiences. Tune in each Thursday at 8 pm eastern at SoulThursdays.com to connect with guests from across the generations and to laugh with our "cast of characters," hosts who are as charming as they are talented!
Connect with us