When many people think about their health and fitness goals, they imagine losing weight. While maintaining a healthy weight is a sign of a healthy lifestyle, it is just one aspect of a much larger picture. In today’s episode, host DJ D-Rich sits dow...
When many people think about their health and fitness goals, they imagine losing weight. While maintaining a healthy weight is a sign of a healthy lifestyle, it is just one aspect of a much larger picture. In today’s episode, host DJ D-Rich sits down with four experts to discuss veganism and what it means to live a holistic and healthy life.
First and foremost, it is crucial to understand wellness as a multi-dimensional concept. For most people, their desire to lose weight is unachievable because they are focused on counting calories rather than making sustainable lifestyle changes. Whether it be lack of motivation at work, emotional eating, environmental factors, or even economic status, it is important to understand what area of your life is prohibiting you from reaching your fitness goals. It isn’t until all the areas of wellness are aligned that you will be able to see real results.
Tune into this week’s episode of Southern Soul Livestream for an in-depth conversation about health and fitness. Learn more about the eight dimensions of wellness, the role of a life coach, and the effectiveness of plant-based nutrition, so you can be healthy physically, mentally, and spiritually.
• “I want my clients to get to where they're enjoying life so much that food is really just fuel and what they do with their lives is a space where they're getting fit.” (05:19-05:32 | Shawnta)
• “I started off as a health coach and then I knew I needed to get a certification as a life coach because it wasn't just about the food, it really had so much more to do about how we're living our lives and whether or not we are happy with what we are doing every day.” (07:26-07:41 | Kimberly)
• “Most of weight management is so much deeper than just calorie counting and getting on the scale. Those things can help, but that's not going to solve the real problem.” (09:07-09:15 | Shawnta)
• “I want to show people you can still eat well on a vegan diet.” (30:07-30:11 | Erin)
• “The first thing you really need to do is change your mindset about food because if you go into it thinking I'm going to be vegan that means I can't have this or I can't have that, you create a restricted mindset and it's going to be really hard to keep it up.” (42:05-42:19 | Natalie)
That Chocolate Vegan
Do All Things With Joy
About Southern Soul Thursdays - @SoulThursdays
Witty, thought-provoking, and uplifting, Southern Soul Livestream - Podshow is the program that you’ll invite friends over to watch every week, where you’ll learn about fascinating speakers and get to share in exciting experiences. Tune in each Thursday at 8 pm eastern at SoulThursdays.com to connect with guests from across the generations and to laugh with our "cast of characters," hosts who are as charming as they are talented!
Connect with us