“As a community, we have to be aware, we have to advocate for each other and ourselves, and we have to ask the hard questions, so we can empower ourselves,” says Dr. Gloria T. Anderson. It wasn’t until the pandemic struck that healthcare disparities ...
“As a community, we have to be aware, we have to advocate for each other and ourselves, and we have to ask the hard questions, so we can empower ourselves,” says Dr. Gloria T. Anderson. It wasn’t until the pandemic struck that healthcare disparities became a popular topic of discussion. To better advocate for her friends and family, Dr. Gloria T. Anderson has taken her brand digital. With the help of her daughter and marketing expert, Tracee T. Holloway, Dr. Gloria is able to effectively spread awareness about healthcare and the black community. In today’s episode, the mother-daughter duo discusses how they are advocating for healthcare equity one brand at a time.
Tracee discovered her love for brand identity by helping her mother build her brand as a public speaker. Throughout her experience, Tracee has realized that the best way to spread awareness about your brand is online. In fact, Tracee explains that social media makes up 75% of the exposure your business will receive. To help her mother achieve her mission, Tracee has focused heavily on creating strategies to build a credible and authentic online presence. Together, this mother-daughter duo has been able to provide culturally relevant and credible information about health care that empowers their communities to better advocate for themselves and their loved ones.
Tune into this week’s episode of Southern Soul Live Stream to learn more about healthcare disparities, personal branding, and how you can use social media to spread positivity and advocate for change.
• “Putting it simply, managing a brand is just taking their idea, conceptualizing it, and then bringing it to fruition.” (04:20-04:28 | Tracee)
• “My goal is to help my clients find traditional or digital content solutions that will work for their brand and help them elevate their message to their audience.” (13:12-13:24 | Tracee)
• “I look at all the things from your mission, your vision, your values, who you are, and what you're trying to say. Once we get a good foundation together then we can take that and develop content for all the different areas that you're going to be touching.” (22:22-22:41 Tracee)
• "We don't really hear terms like racial disparity, healthcare disparities, or institutionalized racism in our everyday conversations with people in our community or churches, but it is very important to be aware of those things because they impact everything.” (37:03-37:31 Dr. Gloria T. Anderson)
• “Advanced healthcare planning is telling your loved ones what you would want if you weren't able to speak for yourself due to a medical emergency or life-threatening illness.” (41:01-41:12 | Dr. Glorida T. Anderson)
• “When COVID hit in 2020, it was devastating to us as a people. We were dying three times the rate of whites and that's significant because we only make up like 12 to 13% of the total US population.” (46:40-46:57 | Dr. Gloria T. Anderson)
• “One of the things that was important to me in the work that I've been doing in the educational arena is to give culturally relevant and credible information around COVID that will benefit our community and empower us.” (48:21-48:41 | Dr. Gloria T. Anderson)
• “As a community, we have to be aware, we have to advocate for each other and ourselves, and we have to ask the hard questions, so we can empower ourselves.” (1:01:20-1:01:32 | Dr. Gloria T. Anderson)
Connect with Tracee T. Holloway and Dr. Gloria T. Anderson:
With Southern Soul, get a free 15-minute chat for new prospects interested in the Elevate Your Brand assessment and strategy session: www.thewayupcreative.com/bookfreecall
About Southern Soul Thursdays - @SoulThursdays
Witty, thought-provoking, and uplifting, Southern Soul Livestream - Podshow is the program that you’ll invite friends over to watch every week, where you’ll learn about fascinating speakers and get to share in exciting experiences. Tune in each Thursday at 8 pm eastern at SoulThursdays.com to connect with guests from across the generations and to laugh with our "cast of characters," hosts who are as charming as they are talented!
Connect with us