“Some folks get excited about musicians or movie stars, I get excited about folks who have ideas for how to make our world better,” says Bilen Mesfin Packwood, CEO, and Founder of Change Consulting. In today’s episode, host D-Rich and Bilen sit down for ...
“Some folks get excited about musicians or movie stars, I get excited about folks who have ideas for how to make our world better,” says Bilen Mesfin Packwood, CEO, and Founder of Change Consulting. In today’s episode, host D-Rich and Bilen sit down for an in-depth discussion about marketing strategies for nonprofit organizations.
Bilen was initially inspired to start Change Consulting because she wanted to support changemakers in her community. While starting a nonprofit requires taking more risks than a for-profit company, it has the potential to help all members of the community. According to Bilen, the key to a successful nonprofit is hidden in the messaging, so you must find a creative way to reach your intended audience. Through her work, Bilen is dedicated to helping other nonprofits improve their communication strategies so they can make a difference on important issues such as racial injustice, voting rights, and financial equity.
Tune into this week’s episode of Southern Soul Live Stream - Podshow to learn more about the fundamentals of running a nonprofit, the importance of communication, and how you can participate in nonprofits to make a difference in your community.
• “No assholes. No toxic culture. No individual ascendency at the cost of relationships. No trying to have high egos or a lot of drama. I really believe in low ego, high impact.” (12:47-13:11)
• “I’m learning and growing through this process and so I want to be just as transparent about that.” (16:10-16:15)
• “I really do believe in progress over perfection.” (16:58-17:01)
• “I started Change Consulting because I really believe that change makers are superheroes. Other folks get excited about musicians or movie stars, I get excited about folks who really have ideas for how to make our world better.” (21:34-21:45)
• “I think we are seeing both the issues and the solutions play out on a bigger stage than we ever have before. Hopefully that is all leading to real change and real transformation.” (30:37-30:47)
• “Take any issue and there is probably a change-maker in your community working on it right now so figuring out how to support these folks is super important.”(34:07-34:15)
Connect with Bilen Mesfin Packwood:
Website - https://change-llc.com/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/ChangeConsulting/
About with Southern Soul Live Stream - Podshow
Witty, thought-provoking, and uplifting, Southern Soul Livestream - Podshow is the program that you’ll invite friends over to watch every week, where you’ll learn about fascinating speakers and get to share in their exciting experiences. Tune in each Thursday at 8 pm eastern to connect with guests from across the generations and to laugh with our "cast of characters," hosts who are as charming as they are talented!
Connect with us